Did you know that Zee Cine Awards are the most awaited event of the year in Bollywood. It is also considered as one of the prestigious events in the Indian Cinema industry. One of the main reasons behind is that, the show gathers the largest Bollywood bigwigs under one roof. Zee Cine Awards emerged in the year 1998 and are initiated by Zee Telefilms Limited. Zee Telefilms Limited is the largest Media and Entertainment Company and also the first broadcaster to foresee the importance of a Bollywood award show. Millions of viewers across the globe are glued to their television sets to watch their favorite artists winning Zee Awards. The glitzy event was inaugurated in the heart of the cinema industry, Mumbai. Zee Cine Awards honors the artists in three categories namely;Viewer’s Choice, Jury’s Choice, and Technical Awards.
- More than 3 million votes pour in from 52 countries across the globe, hence Zee Cine Awards is considered as the world’s biggest viewer’s choice awards.
- In 2004, Zee Network kicked off the PAN India Zee Cine Award Election. This resulted in artists ‘acting’ like politicians and requesting people to cast their votes in their name.
- One of the distinctive features of Zee Cine Awards is the crafting of the trophies. They are crafted in Australia with 24 carat gold, each trophy costing more than 1.3 lakh rupees. The organization has tied up with the City Gold Corporation.
- Karan Johar has hosted Zee Cine Awards several times. His first two Zee Cine Award shows (i.e. 2004 & 2005) were hosted with Bollywood actress Juhi Chawla. The third show was hosted with sensous Bollywood actress Mallika Sherawat. In 2008, he co-hosted with Sajid Khan and ever so gorgeous Dia Mirza.
- Salman Khan skipped the 11th Zee Cine Awards held in London. Official sources stated that he was sick with high fever and an injury. However, the ‘real’ cause for a no-show; was due to the differences between the actor and the organizers (the Morani brothers). Hence Katrina (Salman’s girlfriend) had to give solo performance for the night.
- No doubt Kareena Kapoor is called a real performer. Bebo sizzled on the stage at Zee Cine Awards 2008 held in London. She gave a hit performance from her romantic comedy film “Jab We Met”.
- It was a pure stand-up comedy set up by actors Shekhar Suman and Omar Sharif at ZCA 2008. This was the first on stage performance where an Indian and a Pakistani carried out an act with no undercurrent of politics.