Bluegrass is a sub-genre of country and is a form of American roots music, it was inspired by the music of immigrants from the United Kingdom and Ireland and it also drew inspiration from Jazz and Blues. Bluegrass is played usually with different stringed instruments and while one or more instruments play the lead melody, the rest of the instruments provide accompaniment. Traditional bluegrass is typically based on a small set of acoustic stringed instruments including mandolin, acoustic guitar, banjo, fiddle, resonator guitar and upright bass, with or without vocals. The category Best Bluegrass Album comes under the Genre American Roots at the Grammys.
- Could We Get Any Closer? - Jim Lauderdale
- The Crow: New Songs for the 5-String Banjo - Steve Martin
- Buckaroo Blue Grass - Michael Martin Murphey
- Almost Live - Bryan Sutton And Friends
- Destination Life - Rhonda Vincent