The Grammy awards which is music’s biggest night, dazzled in Los Angeles. A night where talent doesn’t go unnoticed, and faux passes don’t go un-criticized. The red carpet saw the likes or Lady Gaga, Celine Dion, Beyonce, Rihanna, the who’s who of the music industry. Everyone on the red carpet was out to make a fashion statement, be it a ludicrous one or chic for that matter. However, hands down the show stopper of the entire event would have to be Lady Gaga with her outrageous fashion forward Armani ensemble. The awards season usually mean groomed up ladies strutting their stuff on the red carpet in evening gowns. But things at the 2010 Grammy Awards this year were somewhat different, with many female performers choosing to go for short and sweet when picking up their dresses for the red carpet. Stars like Jennifer Lopez, who has a notorious history of fashion boldness on the red carpet, decided to tone it down this year. All in all, while most women at the Grammys went for traditional and, by some standards, boring long gowns, these ladies showed they can be elegant and stunning in short minis as well. Read further to find out the show stoppers at the event.
Fashion Favorites On The Red Carpet
- All eyes on the red carpet went straight to Lady Gaga and her solar system gown that was totally out of this world. Lady Gaga has become the fashion favorite chameleon and she didn’t disappoint with her shiny, silvery, three-dimensional number that was created in collaboration with Giorgio Armani. She then opened the show in a green fairy-wing bodysuit with matching green sparkle booties, of course.
- Fergie in an electric blue, Emilio Pucci strapless dress with a swath of silver snaking from her shoulder to the high hemline, along with the other Black Eyed Peas, continued the galactic vibe set by Lady Gaga.
- Supermodel Heidi Klum, once again, proved that she truly can do no wrong when it comes to stepping out in public on the red carpet. Only a few months after giving birth, Klum seems to have almost gotten back in shape. She was able to don a sequined pink, long-sleeve, mini dress with a very low cut cleavage, and matched with studded sandals and long earrings. The entire ‘70s-inspired outfit was topped with a huge butterfly ring that she made sure was in plain sight of the cameras when she agreed to pose for photographers.
- Jennifer Lopez, a woman known both for her hourglass silhouette and her boldness when it comes to showing it off. The recent ceremony at the Staples Center in Los Angeles was no exception in this sense, for JLo chose a combination of short and long in immaculate white with silver accents, that emphasized her natural curves and, at the same time, gave her an air of exquisiteness and style.
- Britney Spears wore a black lace dress with black bodysuit by Dolce & Gabbana. Ciara wore a black lace jumpsuit and crystal studded jacket with tails and shoulder pads by Givenchy. Nicole Kidman wore a movie star-worthy black Prada gown with a halter neckline.